Mission Statement Pre K-8 School District
The Rumson School District ignites the potential of its learners by growing, inspiring, and cultivating personal excellence academically, socially, and emotionally.
Next Board of Education Meeting
Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2021 @ 6:30 PM
21-22 VIRTUAL PRE-KINDERGARTEN OPEN HOUSE
The Deane-Porter School in Rumson will be having a Virtual Open House and Registration for Pre-Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year, via a virtual link that will be available on our website, beginning January 27, 2021.
The Preschool program is designed to run five days per week during the school year. Students must be three years of age by October 1, 2021. Three and four year olds are integrated. If necessary, a lottery will be held. Participation in the program requires a tuition fee of $3,500.00.
We invite interested parents and their children to view our Preschool Open House link. As of January 27, 2021, you will be able to view the link as well as download a registration packet, by visiting our website at www.rumsonschool.org.
To ensure participation in the lottery, your registration MUST be completed and turned into the office by February 8, 2021. Anyone registering after that date will be put on a waiting list. Past participation in the program guarantees a spot for the 2021-2022 school year, but to ensure a spot, the child’s updated registration packet must be received by February 8, 2021.
If you have any questions, please call Laura Randazzo at 732 842-0811.
21-22 VIRTUAL KINDERGARTEN OPEN HOUSE
The Deane-Porter School in Rumson will be having a Virtual Open House and Registration for Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year, via a virtual link that will be available on our website, beginning January 27, 2021.
Deane-Porter School is proud of our highly successful programs, and the foundation we have built for the top-rated levels of academic performance that we have achieved in the state and federally. The primary goal of the Kindergarten program is to provide developmentally appropriate educational experiences that build a strong foundation for future academic success. All children in this program are encouraged to grow socially, cognitively, emotionally, and physically in a fun and engaging environment.
We invite interested parents and their children to view our Kindergarten Open House link. As of January 27, 2021, you will be able to view the link as well as download a registration packet, by visiting our website at www.rumsonschool.org.
All completed registration packets are due back on February 19, 2021. Registration by this date will allow us to determine numbers of sections and teachers. Children must be 5 years of age by October 1, 2021 to register for kindergarten.
Please mark your calendar and view the Virtual Open House link beginning January 27, 2021. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Ryan at email@example.com or call her at 732-842-0330 ext. 4350.
Congratulations to the following Teachers of the Year
and Educational Services Professionals of the Year
from Rumson for the 20-21 School Year...
Teacher of the Year - Deane-Porter
Educational Services Professional of the Year
Teacher of the Year - Forrestdale
Educational Services Professional of the Year
Based on Hackensack Meridian's continued review of the Rumson School District's COVID Response Plan,
Hackensack Meridian Health endorses the district
with the Keeping America Safe Seal of Approval
as demonstration of our collaboration to keep the
Rumson Public School District healthy and safe
during the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 Pandemic School Information
Information concerning the Novel Coronavirus and
its impact on school programs...
News & Announcements
- For those of you that use Twitter you can now follow us at @Rumsonbulldawgs
- For those of you that use Facebook you can now follow us at Rumson School District page (there are several, the official one is the one with the picture of Forrestdale School and a Bulldog)
- For those of you that use Instagram you can follow us at bormannjohn.
- For those of you who want to receive reminder notifications through Remind for Deane Porter School from Mrs. Feeney please text @Bulldogsdp to 81010 (ex. bus pickup is late, spirit days, Back to School Nights, etc.)
- For those of you who want to receive reminder notifications through Remind for Forrestdale from Mrs. Gibbons please text @BulldogsFD to 81010 (ex. bus pickup is late, spirit days, Back to School Nights, etc.)
- For those of you who want to receive reminder notifications through Remind for the Rumson School District from Dr. Bormann please text @rumsonsd to 81010 (ex. board meeting events, school accolades, safety or security reminders, etc.)